The moment you confirm the news of pregnancy everything is rosy and beautiful. But, it is not how it looks like in the picture, the worst is waiting for you. Motherhood comes with its own perks, the sleepless nights will make you feel like a zombie. Apart from that, every second person on road will give you unnecessary parenting advice starting from the food habit to the sleeping pattern they have advice for almost everything. I am sure you will want to bang your head after hearing to all those weird pieces of advice.
Here are the 9 irritating thing that a new mom hears. Talking from my experience.
1) This was is the first question which every single aunts will ask you, “Do you produce enough milk ??” .. Woah. I am sure you don’t want to imagine yourself like a cow. But, this is the most common question which you have to face after giving birth to your little one. Even if you said you are producing enough milk, they won’t agree to it.
2) Do you feed your little one in sleeping position?? Oh, god forbid if you said yes. They will come up with lectures and will tell you how it can be risky for your baby. They will make sure you regret feeding the baby in the sleeping position. And don’t forget to carry the tag of lazy mom, because you choose to feed your little one in a sleeping position.
3) This one is my favorite, how you should lose your pregnancy weight. They would suggest you send off your maid, cook or helper because you should do all the chore yourself in order to lose weight. Yeah.. and eventually die.
4) Unwanted advice to sleep train the baby, no matter your baby is just 3 months old but you see you must sleep train them. If possible send them to all other training which is available.
5) Sleep when the baby sleeps, as if it was that easy. Just answer me who will take care of the dishes, cooking, and laundry.
6) When baby number 2 will arrive, it is a very personal choice but people love to peek into other’s personal life. Get ready to answer this question.
7) The weight of the baby. It is an international topic to debate. If the baby looks tiny, the mommy is in serious trouble. You will be flooded with all sort of advice to increase the baby weight. We are in a country where chubby kids are considered as healthy.
8) Do not take the baby outside much if anyone finds the mom shopping in the mall with a new- born she is in serious trouble. If the climate is cold she gets to hear, if it is hot she surely gets to hear all the judgmental comments. There is no way to escape.
9) Don’t hold the baby too much else she would be used to it. I mean, I gave birth to my child and why I should hold her for a long time?? The chores can wait but this lovely moment spend with my little won’t come back again.
This is my first post in the #MyFriendAlexa Campaign-India’s first and World’s Second only Blogging event.
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with with Blogchatter…….Get ready for some great reading.. #FlavorsofworldWrite
Come join my journey and do feel free to let me know what you think.
Ya it’s true.
I love my children.
Few advices are irritating but I feel only who care give you advice and we know who really care…
Haha.. love how u have called out all the irritating painful topics for a new mom. I so agree it can get so frustrating like as if a new mom doesn’t have enough on her plate.
This is very interesting article ? .. I love the way you mentioned how people give you silly advices and 3rd advice is very funny and very common advice among all .. SEND OFF YOUR MAID . OMG! Rofl ? and then how we will take care of the baby and ourselves ?
This was indeed a wonderful read and am glad someone said it loud …
Seriously I can imagine how frustrating it would be for a new mom to deal with so much dilemma and then these nose pokers.
I agree with you, I heard each and everything you’re described. Nowadays baby weight has become a hot topic in my life. Sometime I say , ya mom eat everything and does not give food to baby that’s why my both kids are weak
All are true Priyanka. I think we all moms have faced such questions. Loved the first one! 🙂 🙂 My son didnt sleep at night for 3 months and it was a pathetic experience.
haha! Great list, something that almost every new mom goes through. The weight factor, I still hear a lot :p
Excellent post .Its so relatable.My sil gave me her insight into how fat I was and how I should lose the weight.
This is very true.. people always want to know what’s happening in other life. I have a friend who is a new mom in town.. she faces the same too.. some times more wired questions..
This is soo true.. people are more worried in what’s happening in other life.. my friends also keeps sharing such incidents that happens.. some times more wierd
Hahahaha aren’t these Universal questions! I get that too many times. This post hooked me from the word go. I mean really, do we produce milk, when is the baby 2 arriving, sleep when the baby sleeps, like yeah koi Kam hai he nahi na and what Abt the stares MIL gives if we sleep when the baby sleeps!
I agree each one of us has been hounded by such questions all the time. Unsolicited pieces of advice come free from all sides. But its necessary to keep our cool and do what’s best for us and baby.
Amazing and inspiring post. Very useful and beneficial tips for the newly moms. This is quite worthy for all the mommies. Great thoughts.
You nailed it dear! Every new mom gets to listen these and it is really irritating! Every mother know what is best for her baby!
Ha Ha ! Although people who advice are very close ones. I found their advice very valuable. In fact my Mom used to tell me that I can feed the baby in the sleeping position with one important point in mind – the head should be raised on my arm. So, I was fine. You can take it as a tip, but please follow your gt feeling and doctor’s advice to do the same
Ha ha advices comes as shower whith your pregnancy..some we’re really helpful and some irritating
Sleep when your baby sleeps, was the most pointless advice I ever received. I have a body clock and I just can’t doze of at any weird hours. Thank God that phase is over now.
haha, I don’t have any experience of this but loved reading your experience.
Haha yes, unsolicited advice comes from all corners especially in India! The most irritating one for me was when people said sleep when the baby sleeps! I would cheekily reply to some saying “and I should cook when the baby cooks!?”
Omg!! Though this was funny for me to read, i can only imagine how irritating it would be for a new mom.
Was able to relate to each and every point mentioned loved reading this beautiful bit ❤️?
Well written piece. I could relate to so many of them and the most irritating one is ‘When are you having your next child?’, the moment you deliver the first!
Great list of that’s things are also suffer from this it’s very irritating for new mom
HaHaHa… Well Written…
Having read this I thought it was really informative.
I appreciate you spending some time and effort to
put this short article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot
of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!