Modi Government leads to another important milestone and achieved a new momentum in reaching a goal to benefit all Indian which everyone should embrace.
PM Narendra Modiji today announced that Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyaan on this Independence Day, also known as Ayushman Bharat or the National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) or Modicare, will be launched on 25 th September 2018 its aims to provide a health cover of Rs 5 Lac to 10 Cr families helping secure Indians most vulnerable people in face of double digit growth in medical inflation.
It plans to coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
It is assumed that 100 million families will get benefited from from this scheme. Salient Features of the Scheme
1. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
2. Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
3. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
4. The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities.
5. To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
6. In case of hospitalization, you or your family members do not need to pay anything under the scheme provided you go to any government or empanelled private hospital.
7. Ayushman Bharat is unlike other medical insurance schemes where there is a waiting period for pre-existing diseases. All kinds of diseases are covered from day one of the Ayushman Bharat policy. The benefit cover includes both pre and post hospitalization expenses.
8. If you are eligible under the health insurance scheme, you get automatic coverage. Eligibility is based on Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database
9. States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
10. To ensure that the funds reach SHA on time, the transfer of funds from Central Government through Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission to State Health Agencies may be done through an escrow account directly.
Eligibility criteria for Ayushman Bharat scheme:
1. In rural areas:
a. 1.Families living in only one room with “kuchcha walls and kuchcha roof”
b. Families with no adult members aged between 16 and 59
c. Female-headed family with no adult male member in the 16-59 age group
d. Families having at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
e. SC/ST households
f. Landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labor
g. Destitutes and those surviving on alms
h. Manual scavenger families
i. Primitive tribal groups
j. Legally-released bonded labourer
2. In urban areas:
a. The government has made a list of these 11 occupational categories of workers who are automatically included in the list:
b. Rag picker
d. Domestic worker
e. Street vendor/cobbler/ hawker/ other service provider working on streets
f. Construction worker/ plumber/ mason/ labour/ painter/ welder/ security guard/ coolie and other head-load workers
g. Sweeper/ sanitation worker / gardener
h. Home-based worker/ artisan/ handicrafts worker / tailor
i. Transport worker/ driver/ conductor/ helper to drivers and conductors/ cart puller/ rickshaw puller
j. Shop worker/ assistant/ peon in small establishment/ helper/ delivery
assistant / attendant/ waiter
k. Electrician/ mechanic/ assembler/ repair worker
l. Washer-man/ chowkidar
This post is a part of “Monsoon Blogging Carnival” hosted by Sayeridiary and my Jhilmil .. Thanks Snigdha for introducing me..
So the next station is Nimsstylefile.com – a blog by Nimisha. A must read for all those brothers who are confused with the gifting part.
Great Initiative By Modi Sir…thanks Priyanka
Though scheme looks to be good, hope it is not like Pradhanmantri pension scheme where there are many glitches and not everyone is covered even after deduction form account directly by banks… More clarity once all rules and regulation are out only then can be rated.
I really admire the government that it brings such great schemes to help it’s people. This health scheme is indeed another great initiative. Hope people in need gets benefitted.
Great initiative to make medical facilities available to the less privileged ones. Hope people make good use of it.
Another great initiative by our PM! Medical costs are increasing day by day! This would be of a great help to people in need!
This is such a nice initiative by the Indian government. I’m glad that people don’t really have to worry about these kinds of things anymore.
Ayushman Bharat is a great initiative by the government. More such schemes should be put under practice for overall welfare of the nation.
Looks like a great initiative by our government. Hope people get benefitted with this.
The stated policies sounds great, looks like a great initiative by the government
Great initiative by govt, at least govt wake up to do something good for rural areas people
Good to know about such initiative by Government. It will be helpful for rural communities. Will share it to spread more awareness.
Great initiative by Indian Government. Thanks for letting us know about such scheme.
This is the best health initiative by the Government. But it should be enforced properly, as there are many schemes launched by the government with not very satisfactory results. Great thoughts.
Hey thanks for sharing this information. I was looking for such a plan for my house help and am glad I found this. Would be of great use to them.
Scheme looks good for the ones in need. Government is doing a wonderful job on such schemes. This is an interesting share.
That’s a lovely article sharing information that many people might not know already . The policy sound really good. I hope people are benefited.
That’s great initiative by Government of India and would definitely brings stability in terms of health benefits in India
Thanks for putting the information up. Such a needed post . People are talking about the ayushman bharat policy but have no idea about it.
hats off to the government to introduce this, wonderful initiative for the people
This is a very informative information. I am going to share and explain this to my househelp.
This is great initiative, hope all needy are aware of it. Will try to inform our house helpers.
It’s a great initiative by the government and that too which was much needed! Nice that you noted it down all in the blog. Very informative
Great Initiative taken by Mr. modi Ji. Hats off.
I work in an insurance company and knew that something like this is coming but didn’t have this much information. Thank you for sharing the detailed information of this government scheme.
This Ayush scheme is a really good initiative by govt, needy people should get benefits out of it…. U have done great job by sharing this with us.
Government sector definitely has a lot of benefits… and that is very good! I love how beautifully you have listed everything.