The monsoon season in India has arrived, it makes a perfect time to enjoy the beauty of nature and beat the grueling heat. However, staying healthy is very important in this season because the rainwater makes it easy for the mosquitoes to breed and transfer infections like deadly malaria and dengue. In addition to it, viral infections, skin infections, and fungal issues are also very common due to high humidity and low immunity.
Here are top 20 best tips to keep yourself safe and healthy during Monsoon season.
1) If you love street food, then the rainy season is not the right time to enjoy the delicacies, the polluted water, and raw veggies can take a toll on your health.
2) Always keep yourself well protected with strong mosquito repellents. It will safeguard you from mosquito bites.
3) Avoid walking in dirty waters, it can lead to several fungal infections of feet and can severely damage the nails too.
4) Wherever possible, avoid walking near the clogged water on the road, the water can be easily splashed on all over if you are standing or walking nearby.
5) After coming back home, wash your feet well with warm water. It will prevent spreading of infection.
6)While going out make sure to wear socks and shoes, if they get wet, dry them wherever possible, avoid wearing wet socks and shoes for too long.
7) If you get wet in rain, take bath with disinfected warm water. This will help you to stay away from skin issues.
8) Drink a lot of water and keep yourself well hydrated.
9) Make sure to take bath twice a day, since the change in temperature can lead to humidity build-up, in addition to it sweat and dirt can cause skin allergies.
10) Keep your body warm and protect yourself from cold and cough.
11) Skip the air conditioner when your cloth is damp or the hair is wet.
12) Say no to tight-fitting clothes and avoid using synthetic fiber. The best option is to wear cotton and linen fabric during monsoon.
13) Make use of anti-fungal talcum powder to prevent discomfort caused due to the sweat and moisture on skin folding. If your skin is prone to fungal or bacterial infection, use medicated talc.
14) If you have breathing trouble or asthma, avoid damp walls. It can lead to breathing in harmful fungus.
15) Includes fruits and veggies loaded with natural vitamin C. It will help to boost the immunity and keep the infections at bay.
16) Take necessary precautions like an umbrella, raincoat while stepping out.
17) Include hot food, soups, drinks into your diet this monsoon season.
18) Keep the children away from the outdoor play area in the rainy season.
19)Keep a check on your diet and avoid oily and spicy food. It can cause stomach upset during monsoon.
20) Drink Te-A-Me refreshing tea infused with all the goodness of nature.Drink Te-A-Me refreshing tea infused with all the goodness of nature. I love the refreshing taste , it is lip-smacking and we as a family enjoy it the most. Drink Te-me refreshing tea infused with all the goodness of nature. It comes in 2 healthy flavors one is cardamom and another is Ginger tulsi ,perfect for monsoon. Every cup is loaded with natural antioxidant properties, The best part is every ingredient is herbal and boosts the immune system. The te-a-me is free from caffeine and 100 % vegetarian option which helps to keep the body functional in tough monsoon season..
Thank you Jhilmil from www.mommyinme.com and Sayeri from www.sayeridiary.com for introducing the lovely blog train
Perfect pointers for keeping healthy…I too agree having mosquito replicant is always good even for adults and drinking a lot of water also great benefit to staying healthy!!
Proper care during monsoons will make the whole experience fun as well as infection-free. Good tips, Priyanka! I love teas and Tea-A-Me is one of my favourite brands. Will surely try out the litchi flavour.
The toughest bit is to protect oneself from cold in this weather! The second is addiction to tea. One feels like having chai all the time. Green tea is a good substitute for the usual tea. I like the one you have mentioned
You have shared some amazing tips and honestly I follow maximum of them . Infact my mom use to say stay away from cooler and fan when you are wet . Like you said in your post.
This is a great post and a must read for everyone. Monsoon brings lots of trouble with rains and if we can follow these tips we can stay away from all the problems. Thanks for sharing!
wow… amazing list! I am bookmarking it. I know we shouldn’t eat street food but I cant say ‘No’ to golgappa!! 🙂
And yes, if I wet in rain then I take bath. Its imp. Fruits and vegetables we should eat properly and green tea is best for monsoon too.
Really nice pointers. I agree with skipping outside food because it is really unhealthy for your body and may infect your body.
I try not to eat street food during monsoons… And I always use mosquito repellents! But other tips were unknown to me and really helpful! ❤
Well written handy tips for the monsoons. Kids love to splash waters, but it can lead to health problems. I like the idea of having wellness infusion tea, sounds so relaxing.
Indeed Monsoon’s are quite tricky , they bring along diseases as well and keeping yourself and children healthy is of utmost importance. Wellness infusion tea sounds quite exciting, will try it.
so great tips for monsoon . Enjoy rain, stay fit and healthy. Tea flavour seems so yumm and it is unusual flavour from other tea and healthy too.
It’s good to take care of few things in monsoon to keep us away from any infections and fever too. Thanks for sharing such useful tips
Monsoon is here and these tips were much needed . I try to avoid junk food and keep myself protected from mosquitoes but you never know..mosquito repellants are helpful. Yes we shouldnt wear tight clothes either. Thanks for sharing the tips.
I try to follow some of these thoroughly. Even I am taking infused teas this monsoon and it truly relaxes myself.
Really monsoon brings lots of infection with it. So very important to be safe and healthy. Good tips. I follow most of them and try to do rest. Stay happy and healthy tips. Thanks priyanka.
You have explained it so well, monsoons are hot bed for viruses and infections. With these tips one can stay safe and guarded against such germs and infections.
With flooded streets all around my biggest fear is having to walk in that dirty water. Coming home and taking a bath is very imp
Love your tips! I really follow most of these tips myself! Its great to see a lot other moms also stick to these rules!
Very comprehensive article. Prevention is always better than care, so avoiding street food, wearing socks and shoes, avoiding dirty water clogged areas, etc all points were very relevant.
So true monsoons are happy n sad too if ur kid is immuned then we don’t need to worry if not u might be visiting doctor often
Monsoon are happy and sad ..but if u have good immunity u don’t need to worry at all
Nice article with useful tips , hygiene and eating healthy is so important , I am also drinking lots of green tea this monsoon , some from Te A Me
these are real simple doable points that everyone needs to remember and implement. going to share this with my friends
These are some really helpful tips. I follow mostly all of them in monsoons. Mostly I avoid eating out.
Monsoon season sounds like a great relief after Indian heat but it brings it’s own challenges and most of them are health related. You have explained every point in detail. Great tips.
This tips are really helpful for all parents. Rain brings germs so we need to protect our kids.
All the tips sound appealing esply Tea-a-me. I love teas in the monsoon. I can drink spicy sweet tea all day and that sounds like a perfect plan this monson
These are some great tips to keep yourself healthy and fit during monsoon. Loved it.
Perfect!! Monsoon is the time to relax and enjoy the weather but we tend to overlook the precautionary measures. With them taken into consideration, we can enjoy the season to it’s fullest
Perfect. Monsoon is the time to relax and enjoy at home but we tend to forget these precautionary measure. When taken into consideration, we can enjoy the season to it’s fullest.
Collection of water is the main cause of spreading of diseases during Monsoon. Indeed these tips would help long way
Amazing monsoons tips to be healthy and Safe. Tea is so refreshing and warming in the monsoons. Proper care and prevention is necessary for the monsoons. Great thoughts.
Really good tips. Avoiding street foods is definitely needed but in monsoon even more.
Perfect pointers. Monsoon is the time to enjoy the greenery and soak ourselves in the beauty of Mother Nature. But with some extra precautions, we can enjoy this weather to it’s fullest.
Very valid pointers to stay fit during monsoons and I too like the wellness infusion tea, its refreshing and healthy.
Very useful tips. Specially no air conditioning and tight clothes during monsoon. You even covered for people already having problems like asthma. And last part of having Teame infusion tea was the perfect end.
Hearing a lot about these products. I would love to try this soon. Thanks for sharing.
This post had all the possible tips covered. Totally hard to follow a few when the monsoon cravings hit but this time I am going to try.
Such an informative post it is quite well captured all the necessary points to be remembered during monsoon
Very detailed post Priyanka.
the information about not wearing skinny jeans, drinking tea-a-me teas and using anti bacterail talcum powder are really news to me. thank you for the detailed post
Thanks for sharing such informative post… I really liked the idea of anti bacterial talc
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing
your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and
I hope you write again very soon!