Pumpkin soup is a real treat for pumpkin lovers, this delicious soup has an enticing flavour and irresistibly herby aroma. Pumpkin Soup recipe is simple and healthy that can be served as a healthy snack for evenings especially during the cold winter nights. This is an American classic that has now become popular worldwide.
1) About 1 kg Pumpkin
2) 40g butter
3) 1 onion sliced thin
4) 1 garlic clove ,crushed
5) vegetable stocks
6) 1/2 tsp ginger
7) 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
8) 1-2 bay leaves
10) salt & Pepper
1) Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into 2.5 cm cubes.
2) Melt the butter in a large, heavy Based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry over a low heat until soft but not coloured.
3) Add the pumpkin and toss with the onion for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the ginger,lemon juice and bay leaves. Cover and simmed over a low heat for about 20 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender.
5) Discard the bay leaves. Cool the soup slightly, then press through a strainer or process in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a clean Saucepan.
6) Add cream and reheat gently. Adjust the seasoning. Garnish with a swirl of cream.
Health Benefits of Soup:
- Pumpkins contains very Low Calorie (100 gm food contains only 26 calories)
- It contains anti-oxidant (rich in VitaminA,VitaminC, & vitamin E)
- Pumpkin soup is rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Soup contains lot of fiber,fatty acids which are good for heart
- It is good for diabetes, it improves the amount if insulin the body produces.
#veganfoodie #veganfoodshare #vegancommunity #veganpower #veganuk#vegansofinstagram #veganlunch #veganlife #veganlifestyle #vegetarian#crueltyfree #meatfree #dairyfree #rawfood #plantbased #raw #inspiration#follow #flavorsofworld #priyankapatwari