Every other day there are news popping up in the newspaper regarding the crimes committed against our munchkins in the school premises. We try to overcome the fear from one incident and get our little off to school and yet another devastating news makes the headline. Where are we leading to. Let us peep in the situation and try to analyse what is going wrong rather than just playing the blame games.
A school is a place where a child spends the maximum waking hours of the day. The child goes to school to learn, get the education and become a good citizen of the country. Parents send their children to school with all the trust that the school will take care of the child safety and security. With so many incidents happening, where the children are killed, it is a matter great concern.
Are our children safe in school? How do we ensure the security of the children when they are on the school premises? To safeguard the security of the children and students it has to be a teamwork of the school and the parents so that the children go safely to school and come home happy. Working together towards the safety of the kids would never give a child a chance to say I hate you School.
There are a few simple measures which a school should keep in mind to ensure the safety of the children they are as follows-
1) The school premises should have only one entry/exit. If it does have other gates, it should be locked and its use should be totally banned. Along with that, those extra gates should have security guards too.
2) The entry to bus area, gym, swimming pool, sports room, fields, canteens, toilets should be restricted to people whose presence in these places is utmostly required. For example- A canteen boy should not be seen on the sports field or a bus driver should not be there near the library or swimming pool. The school staff should be instructed not to loiter in an anywhere in the school. This would prevent in decreasing the chances of mishaps.
3) CTV cameras should be installed in such a way that it would cover all the critical areas of the school premises. The entrance of the toilets should necessarily have a CCTV camera but to ensure the dignity of the students CCTV should not be allowed inside the toilet.
4) Every staff and teacher hired in the school should be done after many strict levels of scrutiny and verification. The school should also ensure that all the people being hired for different works in the school should go through an interview with a counselor so that the management gets a psychological feedback about the person. They should also be trained to work in sync to ensure the ethics and values of the school.
5) The world is going digital. Apart from the buses having a GPS navigation the badges of the school which the children wear mandatorily should be installed with a navigational GPS chip and the parents should be able to track when and where the children are. Many expensive and big schools are doing it but it should be a mandatory law made by the government for every big and small school across the country.
Apart from the school, there are some things which the parents need to teach the children. The children should be treated as friends and parents should devote some time every day to talk to the children about all the happenings in the school. The children should not hesitate to share the whereabouts of the school with their parents. this would help the parents know if anything is going wrong in school.
The parents also need to teach the children the difference between the good touch and bad touch. The children should know that they should react and ask for help if they are being touched wrongly.
A few easy and simple measures of the school and parents as a team will help a child gain education, make use of it to serve the country. The children should love their school as they got to spend around 12-13 years of their lives there. Let us try to make it the best place for them.
Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and web stuff and this is really frustrating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this web-site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
Thank you for your compliment.. Soon we are going to start newsletter
Great, bing took me stright here. thanks btw for this. Cheers!
I love reading through and I believe this website got some genuinely utilitarian stuff on it! .
I totally agree with u … we demand security at school for our kids
These tips are very important for security perspective.
In this rat race! The childhood which is so beautiful is getting lost!
This is such a scary scenario and yet everyday millions of moms send the kids to school with a heavy heart. Yes all these measures should be mandatory
Very important information indeed. Seriously gone are days, when parents were relaxed to that their kids are in school.
Ah. This article made me smile. I feel so good.
It’s a very informative post.. Security should be there for kids
Such a heartfelt read, the prime concern of all the parents and the ideas offered were great. An important read
Nice post and it the need of hour , to ensure safety of kids at school all these are necessary.
I agree with you.. without security our children might not be able learn anything. Thanks for sharing this post ?
This is such an on the point post covering the most important topic of kid’s safety. And I agree with each and every point of yours, we definitely need stringent rules and guidelines to be followed by the school authorities and we parents also need to make our kids aware of things going around. Hopefully our kids will a better future.
Agree that there is need to take some safety measures for the security of our kids. Parents send their kids by trusting on the school. Your suggestions for kids safety are really good ones. Very wel written and informative post.
This is such a different take on today’s education system. We all know where we lack buy nothing much is being done. I hope the higher authorities really set some standards for schools to follow.
These tips should definitely help all parents who are on a lookout for schools for their little ones. Great tips.
Now a days u cant rely on kids safety even when they are in school I want to make my daughter more strong that she can fight for herself for every other reason.
I think you are very right about schools needing to become more child friendly .Good touch and bad touch are important topics.
Completely Agree With Your Thoughts. This Post is very helpful to me. Their should always Be Some Measures taken at School for kids safety ! I love Your Suggestions !
You have given a very informative post.. Now my son is in school and he is very small to understand all these things too.. These days I feel worried by seeing all these incidents around us…
I totally agree when you say that schhool arent kid friendly these days! All safety measures should benimplemented in every school
security is definitely a huge issue these days at schools. with small children being sexually abused it is of utmost importance. thanks for the share
Totally agree with with. Modern school now days like hell for your kids. Thanks for sharing such alarming post
My son is young but these tips would help me a lot at the right time. Thank you so much.
Security is too important. With this I think it’s importsnt to raise our kids also with a lot of freedom to speech. So that they go and speak up where things go wrong
Security in school is most important. Specially when all kinds of untoward things are happening across cities in schools
This Blog is Really Amazing. The point you Choose is really Interesting because Now A Day the Environment of School is Not Suitable For Kids.
Love how informative and detailed ur blog is, keep it coming!!
I so agree with your thoughts! Small steps from all of us for our kids betterment will eventually lead our kids to a better living!!
Love your content. Your post is really an eye opener.
School these days have become scarier and merely money minting machine.